Lifeline’s vision is for an Australia free of suicide, and on a local level, you can be part of the solution.
Lifeline North Coast needs the support of like-minded people and organizations to join us at the front line of suicide prevention.
Eight Australians die every day by suicide. That’s more than double the road toll, and for each life lost to suicide, the impacts are felt by up to 135 people, including family members, work colleagues, friends, first responders at the time of death.
Our Lifeline Crisis Support Volunteers are currently responding to one call every 30 seconds, and we need help from our community to make a difference.
Locally there are a few ways you can get involved. With the help of our corporate partners, people like you, we can reduce the rate of suicide in our region.
Lifeline North Coast is all about people – people just like you. Here are some ways you can support our work. Here are some ways you can support our work.
Help us improve the lives of individuals , families and communities affected by emotional distress and thoughts of suicide. FIND OUT HOW
Host a fundraising event or activity to support Lifeline North Coast’s work and make a difference in our local community. FIND OUT HOW
Lifeline North Coast relies on volunteers to support our community initiatives that enable Lifeline to support people in crisis, no matter where they are 24 hours a day. If you enjoy giving back and connecting to others, then you can help us save lives. FIND OUT MORE
The connection we make with our partners is fundamental to all we do; lives depend on it. Partnering with us provides a unique opportunity to:
- Promote a workplace culture that is inclusive, destigmatizes mental health problems, and encourages help-seeking.
- Empower employees, partners, and customers to be suicide-safe through advocacy, education, and provide important opportunities for connection.
- Provide suicide prevention strategies which include staff training, research, media influence, and postvention action plans.
- Protect vulnerable audiences by providing frontline worker training for key staff in key industries i.e., banking and finance, utilities, security, aged care, construction, insurance etc.
- Deliver important prevention and intervention services to the most vulnerable in our community.
- Fund and develop initiatives that will bolster the long-term social and emotional wellbeing of people by supporting them to recognise, strengthen, and develop their community connections.
If you are interested in finding out more about corporate partnerships, please register your interest with Angela Martin, Communications and Community Engagement Manager, BY CLICKING HERE